In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1turco masculineturca feminine
- The Turks, the Turkish government will strongly oppose that.
- The treaty only served to anger the nationalist Turks who sought to overturn it.
- Turkey and Turks have an historical responsibility for region and us.
- The shared part of the Armenian diet is the Mediterranean foods widely familiar among Arabs, Turks, Greeks.
- Growing up in the inner city in Melbourne, our neighbours consisted mainly of Greeks, Italians, some Turks and later, Lebanese.
- He recalled life under the Turks and the British.
- He currently has an office staff made up of two Americans, two Germans, two Turks, two Brazilians and two Greeks.
- Other groups include Germans, Gypsies, Romanians, Slovenians, and Turks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.