In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cúrcuma feminineazafrán de las Indias masculine
- Add the potatoes, salt, chillies, chilli powder and turmeric.
- To make the curry powder, combine the ground coriander, cumin, fenugreek, pepper, ginger, paprika and turmeric and mix well.
- The meatless concoctions were rounded out by lentil salad and yellow split peas cooked with turmeric, ginger and onions.
- One study at Loyola University in Chicago found that curcumin - the compound that gives turmeric its yellow color - prevents leukemia cells from multiplying in human cell cultures.
- Mix flour, salt, turmeric and curry powder in a large bowl.
- A member of the ginger family, turmeric treats mild osteoarthritis pain and inflammation.
- The vegetarian curry was very good, made with potatoes, peas, eggplant and squash, and flavoured with turmeric and ginger.
- White curries obtain their milky yellow color from turmeric powder and are mild and lightly spiced.
- Add coconut, tomato purée, chilli powder and turmeric to form a sauce.
- Spices such as cumin, turmeric, and chilli powder are common with Asian Indian cuisine.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach, chilli and turmeric powders and fry till the spinach wilts a bit and the tomatoes are well cooled.
- Uthira and her family members use turmeric powder as an anti-septic for protecting their skin.
- With the exception of capsicum, garlic, ginger and turmeric, most spices are not available in the United States as standardized extracts.
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with warm water helps to reduce pain and inflammation in Fibromyalgia.
- Cook the bread fruit and potatoes in a pressure cooker with a pinch of turmeric powder and salt.
- American mustard, as applied to hot dogs, is generally very mild and coloured bright yellow with turmeric.
- Cooking them with spices such as turmeric, cumin, ginger, asafoetida or garlic will kindle the digestive fire and make them easily digestible.
- Mix in the puha, chilli, turmeric powder, salt and sugar.
- Indian food is prepared with a variety of spices, including cumin, turmeric, chili powder, ginger, and garlic.
- Blend the flours, crushed spices and turmeric powder.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.