- I like turn-ups on the trousers because I feel it's the end of the suit, and if it just stops then you feel like something's missing.
- He was wearing black lace-up shoes, no socks, greenish-grey trousers with turn-ups and a T-shirt and jumper.
- He got dust in his turn-ups, in his pockets and everywhere.
- He had short cropped hair and was wearing blue stone-washed jeans with turn-ups, dark jacket and white trainers.
- Trouser suits can be very flattering too: a masculine one, fitted on the hips and with turn-ups, will hang nicely and elongate your legs if you wear heels.
- You are never coming to my nice house with your turn-ups full of toast crumbs.
(on trousers)vuelta femininebotamanga feminine River Platebastilla feminine Chilevalenciana feminine Mexico
2informal(surprise)now there's a turn-up for the books! — ¡no lo puedo creer!
- Last year it was Spartans who turned out to be the surprise package of the Scottish Cup, so it would be a major turn-up if it was the Glasgow University students who make the grade.
- The MP took Solihull, which is something of a turn-up.
- I did go to my 12 o'clock Political Thought Lecture and so did Barbara, which is really a turn-up for the books.
- We see him with a girlfriend who he takes to a dinner party to meet the others, which is a bit of a turn-up for the books.