In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
2Transport(of passengers) operación de desembarque y embarque feminine(of freight) operación de carga y descarga feminine
- First, the cleaning time of an aircraft is low, as the cabin crew performs this task and no external cleaning team has to enter the aircraft during turnarounds.
- It would also need to cut aircraft turnaround times at airports - another key tactic used to devastating effect by its low-cost competitors.
- The airport will need to be able to facilitate quick flight turnarounds as well as deal with growing passenger numbers.
- They did a quick turnaround of the aircraft, and thus nobody got any food.
- The aircraft turnaround time is scheduled to be no more than 25 minutes so charges are also low.
- Tightened security on domestic flights has lengthened the turnaround time for aircraft.
- Many budget airlines have fast turnarounds, with airlines unloading their passengers and quickly reboarding.
- It is hoped the development will allow a quicker turnaround time for ships coming into Sligo Harbour, particularly as the winter brings shorter daylight hours.
- After a quick turnaround on deck, I again found myself waiting at the holdshort for runway 15.
- With quick turnarounds, there is no time to properly service and airplane.
- As I stepped off the plane, the ground crew rushed in, handling freight and luggage in anticipation of the quick turnaround.
- After a quick turnaround at Waterford, the London Luton bound Aer Arann ATR72 lifted off the runway on time at 3pm.
- It is looking at a faster turnaround of vehicles unloading waste and collections of items to be recycled.
(of orders)procesamiento masculine
- Because of the economic recession, expect a long turnaround time.
- RTE says the turnaround time is a fraction of a second.
- Carter maintains that the turnaround he was hired for was complete, and that he left voluntarily.
- As systems become more accessible, customers demand a faster turnaround.
4US(space for turning)espacio para dar la vuelta masculine
- Already a new hard standing area for lorry turnarounds has been laid at Rolawn's Elvington headquarters where the York depot will be based.
- There was only the limousine, disappearing once more around the corner of the estate wall toward the turnaround.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.