In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tornillo tensor masculine
- Cowell keeps up his momentum and throws him into the turnbuckle before running into him like a speed train.
- The steering and suspension are adjustable via turnbuckles.
- For a wood frame gate use a gate sag prevention kit that includes a turnbuckle for adjustments as the gate wears.
- This exposure in part accounts for the nautical know-how of his early sculptures, which were sometimes built like boats or internally rigged with cables and turnbuckles.
- The bolt connects the elevator-control-cable turnbuckles to the push rods.
- He climbs up the turnbuckles and salutes his loyal Blackburn fans who cheer wildly.
- Instead of putting fittings and turnbuckles on the streamlined tie-rod, he bent it and welded it to the spar of the stabilizer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.