In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1also turtleneck collarcuello alto masculinemasculine cuello vueltomasculine cuello de cisne Spainmasculine cuello volcado River Plate
- Yes physical abuse leaves marks or scars but the woman can cover them up with long sleeves or a turtleneck jumper - is that the word for those jumpers still?
- She wore a long sleeve shirt, dark brown, with a turtleneck collar.
- Since the neck is covered from the top to the collarbone, turtlenecks are usually worn to keep your neck warm in colder climates.
- A grey turtleneck collar protruded from beneath his shoulderplates, covering his neck.
- It's one design museum where you don't need a turtleneck sweater and a pair of hornrims to appreciate the power of plastic in changing our lives.
- Clothing worn from home (eg, undershirts, turtleneck shirts) should be contained completely within or covered by the surgical attire.
- He was wearing a black turtleneck shirt under a long, leather black trench coat which flapped behind him as he walked.
- For one thing, she had her long, straight, blonde hair down and she was dressed up in a red turtleneck sweater and dressy black slacks.
- He always has a black hat and often a black turtleneck sweater.
- He sat on it again, wearing a normal turtleneck shirt and jeans this time.
- I changed into a pair of black jeans and a white turtleneck tee shirt.
- She went to her wardrobe and changed her top to a loose turtleneck blouse, to keep her warm.
- He is sure this is about Buffy and he nearly fell off the desk when Riley pulled a gold ring out of the zippered pocket of the turtleneck sweater he wore.
- She is pretty in an understated way dressed mostly in dark winter clothing, a black turtleneck sweater and her dark brown hair cascading down her shoulders.
- She had on a purple turtleneck sweater over two long sleeve shirts.
- He was wearing a black, skin-tight turtleneck tee with a cream colored scarf wrapped around his neck.
- My mother's face was flushed from the roots of her hair, to the collar of her turtleneck shirt.
- Looking in my closet, I chose a pair of black jeans, a turtleneck sleeveless purple top and sneakers.
- Her boots were midway between construction and army, her skirt was below knee-length and cut on the sides, the turtleneck shirt flexible yet hugging.
- There's no way I am going to lift that heavy metal rail cover, climb in in my sleeveless turtleneck top + pencil skirt + heels ensemble, to retrieve that bunch of keys.
2also turtleneck sweatersuéter de cuello alto masculinemasculine suéter de cuello vueltopolera feminine River Plate
- Cardigans, turtlenecks, sweatshirts with hoods and tapered shirts with snap-on collars also appear in the collection.
- He was wearing a turtleneck, no clerical collar.
- Classical pieces like v necked sweaters and turtlenecks are timeless.
- His ‘chic beatnik’ look - a black leather jacket, knit turtleneck, high boots - is a street favourite today.
- Match these with anything from a navy turtleneck to a black button-down shirt, or even with a shirt in the brown family.
- She'd dressed for a casual hike: sensible shoes, long silk underwear, jeans - which she was proud to still fit into - a turtleneck, a wool sweater, and an anorak.
- I unbuttoned the blouse I was wearing and pulled on the turtleneck and sweater.
- Wear your dress with a knit turtleneck and you look both warm and trendy.
- Similarly to turtlenecks, V-necks should be avoided if the nature of an event is too formal.
- They never tell a guy he should wear turtlenecks because his neck is too large.
- Hanging on the wall behind him is a whole wardrobe of clothes I wouldn't buy in a million years - all velvets and turtlenecks and skin-hugging wool knits - and he says he's not here to change me.
- Classic cashmere turtlenecks, easy pant suits and fluid evening dresses were his style.
- I only look sexy fully clothed, in long sleeves and turtlenecks and mittens and snow shoes.
- After a musical and verbal introduction, Ram Dass, who sat in a wheelchair wearing a pink turtleneck and round sunglasses, leaned toward the mike and began to speak.
- With two sweaters, three turtlenecks, earmuffs and a scarf, I had everything I needed for a wonderful European vacation.
- Then she scratched at the woolen turtleneck that made her shoulders itch slightly.
- But in reality, knitwear is so much more than that - it includes a wide array of pullovers, turtlenecks and cardigans, among other items.
- Throw on a cable knit turtleneck, a smart scarf, and you've got an uncomplicated, sexy look.
- Everybody and their sister used to wear these back when many of us were in preppy Izod shirts, turtlenecks, and monogrammed sweaters.
- Stylish V-necks, crew necks and turtlenecks will all look great under a sassy suit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.