In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1clase individual o con un pequeño número de estudiantes
- Degrees leave the learning much more up to you, with the emphasis on lectures backed up by tutorials rather than a more interactive learning environment.
- I'm now teaching part-time at Kingston University, one-to-one tutorials with dyslexic students.
- He had the air of a don at one of our older universities holding a tutorial.
- When studying for my mathematics examination I revised the theory behind each topic and then did each of the exercises that had been set in the classes and tutorials.
- It's like a university tutorial conducted not by the Professor but by a stroppy student.
- As chair of English Literature at Birmingham University, his tutorials were seized on by eager young undergraduates, many of them women.
- Copson was a good teacher, whether behind the rostrum with his general class or in tutorials or seminars with his honours or research students.
- Glees said personal tutors often had no idea about their students' views and that many undergraduates spent very little time in lectures or tutorials.
- Some lectures and tutorials at Auckland University were cancelled this week when about half of the academic staff went on strike.
- During his first year he attended only mathematics lectures and tutorials and completed college exams solely in mathematics.
- For example, the huge student population makes it impossible for teachers to conduct seminars or offer individual tutorials to students.
- Over two decades, through his lunch-time lectures and cafeteria tutorials, he changed the lives of hundreds of undergraduates.
- I spent many hours in professors' offices, tutorials, and reading groups.
- Would instructors really be prepared to spoon feed students in individual tutorials?
- Often they are listening to the advice absorbed in college tutorials 30 or 40 years ago rather than the counsel of their officials.
- There's no danger of getting bored because there's such a flurry of lectures, essays, tutorials, college dinners and socialising.
- Apart from Cambridge, no other universities offer undergraduates one-to-one tutorials.
- On the other hand, I still have anxiety dreams in which I realise halfway through my university term that I have not been to a single tutorial or lecture.
- Also as expected, the number of students requesting individual copies of the tutorial decreased from 5060 to less than five.
- Last week's decision by Liverpool councillors to establish a controlled prostitution zone made me think of my old university philosophy tutorial.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.