In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To me, tuxes are more for parties, like New Year's Eve.
- People in everything from long gowns and tuxes to blue jeans and baseball caps were waiting patiently to see the show of their choice.
- If it's a classic tux, it'll last you for years and should never go out of style.
- In typical rodeo fashion, white-jacketed waiters served longnecks (and more sophisticated drinks) on silver trays while gents in tuxes, bolo ties and Western hats circulated.
- He had undone the bow-tie on his tux and it was now hanging around his neck.
- He was still dressed in his tux; her gown was lying in a pile with her other personal items.
- He snapped his fingers and he was suddenly clad in a sapphire tux with top hat to match her dress.
- Up in his room Josh put the last finishing touches on his hair and straightened the black bow tie of his tux.
- As we pulled up to Mike's, he walked outside in his tux, corsage in hand, and a huge smile on his face.
- They were all wearing tuxes with rainbow colored shirts inside.
- The rules were simple: he was to show up with a gardenia corsage and wear a black tux with a peach cummerbund.
- Everyone was dressed in luxurious gowns and tuxes.
- Tommy, dressed in a white tux with a gray cummerbund and tie, had his arm firmly around Emily's waist.
- For formal evenings, your tux or gown can do double duty because different people will see them.
- Whether you plan on attending a prom or tying the knot, renting a tux is a rite of passage in any man's life.
- If your party requires a tux, your best bet is a classic black and white combination.
- I've called them and I won't have a problem getting a tux in Cambridge on the day of the event.
- Hallie had told him to wear a tux and Jesse thought about going in jeans and a sweatshirt just to annoy her.
- Time to roll out the ironed shirt and the newly-bought tux, which will pay for itself the next time it's worn.
- Keep in mind that rental prices vary depending on how long you expect to rent the tux for.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.