In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Whether you plan on attending a prom or tying the knot, renting a tux is a rite of passage in any man's life.
- He had undone the bow-tie on his tux and it was now hanging around his neck.
- As we pulled up to Mike's, he walked outside in his tux, corsage in hand, and a huge smile on his face.
- To me, tuxes are more for parties, like New Year's Eve.
- Keep in mind that rental prices vary depending on how long you expect to rent the tux for.
- Up in his room Josh put the last finishing touches on his hair and straightened the black bow tie of his tux.
- In typical rodeo fashion, white-jacketed waiters served longnecks (and more sophisticated drinks) on silver trays while gents in tuxes, bolo ties and Western hats circulated.
- They were all wearing tuxes with rainbow colored shirts inside.
- He was still dressed in his tux; her gown was lying in a pile with her other personal items.
- The rules were simple: he was to show up with a gardenia corsage and wear a black tux with a peach cummerbund.
- Tommy, dressed in a white tux with a gray cummerbund and tie, had his arm firmly around Emily's waist.
- He snapped his fingers and he was suddenly clad in a sapphire tux with top hat to match her dress.
- People in everything from long gowns and tuxes to blue jeans and baseball caps were waiting patiently to see the show of their choice.
- If your party requires a tux, your best bet is a classic black and white combination.
- I've called them and I won't have a problem getting a tux in Cambridge on the day of the event.
- Time to roll out the ironed shirt and the newly-bought tux, which will pay for itself the next time it's worn.
- For formal evenings, your tux or gown can do double duty because different people will see them.
- If it's a classic tux, it'll last you for years and should never go out of style.
- Everyone was dressed in luxurious gowns and tuxes.
- Hallie had told him to wear a tux and Jesse thought about going in jeans and a sweatshirt just to annoy her.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.