In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de doble lente
- For the most part they were taken by Halsman using a large-format, twin-lens reflex camera of his own design that facilitated quiet, rapid exposures and produced sharp, high-quality images.
- Davis favors the twin-lens reflex camera often preferred by archeologists, which produces a generous, 2 1/4-inch square negative.
- Vivan the child is seated on his grandfather's lap holding a twin-lens reflex camera.
- It started when I stumbled over a group of photographer's websites demonstrating the use of the Russian ‘Lubitel’ cheap reproduction of an old fashioned Voigtlander twin-lens medium format roll film camera.
- I got the message, and instead came back with my old twin-lens Rolleiflex to take pictures.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.