In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1empuñadura giratoria feminine
- I turned on the ignition switch and gave the twist-grip throttle a quick flick.
- This device plugs into the end of a drop handlebar and provides a 7/8’ diameter straight extension, permitting you to mount a twist-grip shifter.
- The present invention relates to an integrated twist-grip switch for the shifting of bicycle gears, such as multi-speed hubs or derailleur shifts.
- A twist-grip throttle suitable for all controllers made by 4QD. 90° twist gives zero to full speed.
- Collars are available in four anodized colors, and compatible grips come in regular and twist-grip length.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.