1(cheat)tramposo masculinetramposa femininefulero masculine Spain informalfulera feminine Spain informal
- The black shadows darting around everywhere, the rain of fire, the lightning, the enormous twisters… but she did not halt, and only pushed more determinedly on.
- The wind and rain intensified as they watched the deadly twisters move towards them.
- Unlike a hurricane - a tornado's big, long-lived and usually slow-moving meteorological cousin - a twister is small, brief, and fast moving.
- Likewise, it's only a myth that twisters avoid large cities.
- And we have late word that twisters are being spotted.
- With an average of one tornado every three years, it's the twister capital of the world.
- For pictures and more on deadly twisters and the researchers who study them, read ‘Chasing Tornadoes’ in the April issue of National Geographic.
- This tornado hit Furnace county, Nebraska, and it is one of 100 twisters that ravaged must of the Midwest over the weekend.
- Watching silent twisters at a distance was far different from watching a giant roaring twister stalk them from less than three miles away.
- This tornado comes on the wake of a massive twister which struck the town of Jonesboro just a few hours ago.
- Situated past East Arm in the southern part of the harbour, it was considered well protected from storm surges and the strong winds expected with the twister.
- Suddenly, out of the ocean, four huge twisters appeared; they swirled around, creating a huge wind for the boat.
- A tornado struck homes early yesterday in northern Louisiana and possible twisters were reported in Arkansas and Mississippi.
- Scientists who chase dust devils report that the tiny twisters can produce a small magnetic field that changes magnitude between 3 and 30 times per second.
- Know that a tornado watch means a twister is possible in your area and that a tornado warning means it has already been sighted and may be headed your way.
- Most other nations haven't been tracking twisters as long as the United States has, and their records are much less thorough, he notes.
- Then, by reference to data from the original group of twisters, each tornado was assigned a Fujita scale rating, a path length over which damage would occur, and a path width.
- Conditions were ripe for twisters, and there were tornado warnings in counties all along the coast, with several reported touchdowns.
- Both yelled as they fought harder and the twister was gone like a breeze.
- This year, the country has been lucky: As of Aug. 1, only 473 twisters had struck the lower 48 states.
3(dancer)bailarín de twist masculinebailarina de twist feminine