In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(swimsuit) de dos piezas
- Both women looked dry and comfortable in their custom-made skintight two-piece swimsuits.
- Dressing for that was easy: a smart two-piece suit, matching hat and shoes; and the whole lot had to be worn for only a few hours, making pinching shoes and tight waistbands entirely bearable.
- Mother wore her new felt hat with the petersham ribbon around it and her light grey tweed two-piece costume that she had just bought for Easter.
- You had to lend me that two-piece bikini that Johnny gave you on your birthday.
- Be that as it may, you must stay true blue to this regimen for six weeks - bare minimum - to enjoy the pleasures that go with wearing tight jeans, tiny dresses and two-piece swimsuits with complete confidence.
- With two-piece garments, such as a skirt and blouse in the same fabric, be sure to clean both pieces together at all times, even if one hasn't been worn.
- Our policy requires surgical team members to wear bouffant-style disposable hats and two-piece scrub suits.
- It soon became apparent that he likes glittery things: he changed into a silver glitter two-piece suit and went through several glitter guitars.
- For business and other professional activities, men are expected to wear suits and ties, while women still adhere to a code that involves dresses or two-piece suits with skirts or skirts and blouses.
- The bank was full of its usual wealthy clientele all of whom were, in large part, wearing fancy dresses or sharp, two-piece business suits.
- But works of art cannot be displayed as mere illustrations of social issues, equivalents to bumper stickers, advertisements and two-piece swimsuits.
- The shop, which has been tapping into a revived Western fad for eastern clothes, sells glamorous traditional two-piece salwarkameez and sarees, mostly to white York women for evening wear, as well as jewellery and other accessories.
- Sculpted by the raking light, the bathers are russet and gold in the sun, vibrant in blue and red two-piece swimsuits, trunks, a maillot, absorbed in the folding of towels and blankets.
- We just played Houston, and these Junior Boys fans showed up in these nylon track suits, these girls in this shiny two-piece getup.
- Muslims in the north wear traditional long white robes and head coverings; Asian men wear white two-piece cotton suits, whereas Asian women dress in black or colored silk dresses.
- Some of the great sparkling looks came in tiny swimsuits or two-piece bikinis studded with silver nail heads including crocheted white suits.
- Beach volleyball can be a trip to watch, what with the loud music and the competitors' designer sunglasses (even at night) and the dancing girls in two-piece swimsuits during timeouts.
- Her hair is long and curly, a light brown, half of it pulled back into a style that actual looks quite professional, especially when coupled with the pale gray two-piece jacket and skirt suit she's wearing.
- But, I was startled half to death when I pulled out a skimpy, red-white-and-blue two-piece spandex suit with a bikini-cut bottom and extra-low neck.
- They had pajamas, two-piece pajamas - a shirt and pants.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.