In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Some of them had motorcycles and two-wheelers and all of them had independent one-storied houses.
- In the city, there has been any number of instances of stray dogs attacking morning strollers or passing two-wheelers, causing accidents in the process.
- With great prices and impressive looks, these two-wheelers put the motor in motorcycle
- The two-wheelers felt like riding a very twitchy bike that was murder to balance.
- They ride around on rickety old bikes to make it obvious that their two-wheelers have spent decades rusting in the sea air.
- The next bike is going to be a two-wheeler, probably without the training wheels that she depends upon so much.
- Accompanied by a motorcade of about 500 two-wheelers, the rally went around town.
- A separate lane for bicycles, and even powered two-wheelers, and manned pedestrian crossings have become necessary.
- But Reema, another student, seems to be looking forward to this ban as she feels that the youngsters are using two-wheelers only to show off.
- And none would oppose the idea of preserving the bridge with two-wheelers and three-wheelers being allowed to pass through it.
- Jack watched proudly as a boy of seven rode his first two-wheeler bicycle down the pavement of a quiet suburban street in a line that would never resemble straight.
- There, two-wheelers and bicycles have been accepted as the common man's vehicle.
- And even as two-wheelers enjoy more favor in the U.S. due to Armstrong's success, the long-term trend is down.
- Many Chinese still cycle, even if two-wheelers are no longer basic transportation.
- For the more observant, it will soon become evident, that the men, the ones who with enough money to go to work on two-wheelers, leave a lot to be desired in their attire.
- A flat tyre or breakdown of your two-wheeler should not bother you anymore in the city.
- Barring a few participants, who used four-wheelers, the rest meandered through the congested roads and lanes of the city in two-wheelers.
- Meanwhile, two-wheelers take advantage of their own maneuverability and fill into any available space including unmotorable footpaths.
- In the city alone, 4,754 vehicles are registered daily, out of which 2,556 are two-wheelers and 652 are cars.
- Cars and two-wheelers stood cheek by jowl along the sides of the road linking Race Course Road and Avanashi Road, until the parking space was completely full.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.