1de poca montaque no vale un céntimoque no vale un centavoque no vale un duro Spain informalque no vale un peso Latin America informal
- The ubiquitous twopenny-halfpenny clerk was everywhere, ever present and ever reliable.
- It is your little twopenny-halfpenny authors - the sort that would be dear at six for a shilling - that ‘knock off’ things in a few hours.
- There was good reason behind such ambitions, for ‘if you were a prince with no gun salute, then every twopenny-halfpenny political Agent could come and visit you every three months and ask to see the accounts.
- Is it ethics - when did it influence your conduct in a twopenny-halfpenny affair between man and man?
- I intended to convey that our charming host and hostess were superior to the follies of fashion, and preferred leading a simple and wholesome life to gadding about to twopenny-halfpenny tea-drinking afternoons, and living above their incomes.