In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(dog)chucho masculine informal
- It hasn't helped either asking dog owners to carry a plastic bag to pick up any poo their tyke drops.
2(person)pillo masculine informalpilla feminine informal
- Her mom turned her down at first, she hadn't the money to sign her up, but Mrs Deterville, recognizing the young tyke's determination and interest told her not to bother about the cash.
- He claims to hate his celebrity status, yet he is Hollywood's A-list party boy, a generous tyke with an eye for beautiful people and good times, who likes to play with the press and paparazzi while despising their every move.
- This spunky St-Michel tyke has been working the local wrestling circuit for the past five years and has been fanatical about pro-wrestling since childhood.
- He is a cute little tyke, and he has many endearing moments, and I really do love him, but I just wanted to shake him today.
- Adults dig the clever scripts and inside jokes, while little tykes think the girls are adorable and thrill to their fast-paced adventures.
- He often surrounds himself with tykes, and buses in terminally ill children to play at his sprawling Neverland Valley ranch north of Los Angeles.
- Much as that pun is tired, it sure is cute when this little tyke says it!
- Brothers Tim and David Dang have poured their proclivities for fanciful imaginings and arty doodles into a sharply drawn comic for kids, Brilliant Boy, about a handful of precocious tykes and their G-rated misadventures.
- Whilst trying to make the melodies inaccessible, these cheeky tykes from Ozzy's old home city have only gone and made them all the more appealing.
- Hey, not all kids are irrepressible, mischievous, restless tykes!
- Begay Jr., paints a vivid picture of a young tyke begging his father to take him on his regular three-mile run.
- It thus produces a weiner that sprawls across the plate like an octopus, pleasing the young tykes aesthetically while also reducing the choking hazard.
- It is labeled as being appropriate for kids over seven, and I'd be hard pressed to find many instances where it wouldn't be able to be viewed by even smaller tykes who like to see a gang of kids save the galaxy by turning into robotic dinosaurs.
- The little tykes arrived at 9.30 am and we changed each one into a bright red shirt with the ‘Incredibles’ logo on the front.
- When I was first introduced to this game, I was but a young tyke, being weaned on fighters and sports simulation games.
- And Teen Beat aficionados - and I count myself among them - won't miss one young tike who looks mighty familiar.
- ‘They were these fabulous-looking kids from Bromley and Edgeware, suburban tykes with an extreme sense of style who were on the make and, as a result, broke through,’ York says.
- I found several new high tech products on the market designed to help you keep tabs on your tikes.
- If so, I'll happily settle into middle age and grump at the advertising people pandering to those young tykes with no respect.
- Anyway, they reopened his school this morning and the little tyke went to school and I hope he is having a lot of fun!
- But as the years went on and he started receiving close to 1,000 spam e-mails a day, this determined tyke decided to take action.
- The place was deserted, save for myriad squirrels, but I found that some young tykes had tangled up the swings, so I did my bit for community service and untangled them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.