In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(actor) (en cierto tipo de papel) encasillar
- In fact, film actors have decried typecasting almost since the beginning of filmmaking.
- Between Koma and The Eye Angelica Lee is running the risk of being typecast as the organ-transplant actress.
- Just as young actresses who are typecast get more film roles, a person pegged as a retail banking marketing assistant will find it easier to get a new job than someone with more general marketing experience.
- It's amazing that such a talented actor is so strongly typecast and can only secure sidekick roles.
- I probably wouldn't have had a career if I hadn't been initially typecast in those roles.
- I'm reliably informed that most actors like to stay away from typecasting in roles.
- Rawal, who has been actively involved in Gujarati and Hindi theatre since 1973, feels that the film industry has a tendency to typecast actors.
- Tyrone Power, tired of being typecast in heroic pretty-boy roles, optioned William Lindsay Gresham's pitch black noir novel himself.
- We hear so often that actors fear being typecast if they come out as gay.
- But in those days you were typecast (some actors got typecast for life) and good dramatic parts didn't seek him out.
- Western actors are routinely typecast into two roles in Korea evil American GIs/officials and comic relief.
- Curtis was very interested, partly because he saw it as opportunity to break out of the dead-end, pretty-boy roles he was becoming typecast in.
- Sometimes you have to feel sorry for actors who play particularly evil roles and are typecast as villains and often spat on in their real lives.
- Throughout the 60s and 70s, Jack Lemmon was typecast as a tense, neurotic, excruciatingly insecure pen pusher.
- You do get typecast as an actor and I knew that this role appealed to me and would suit me.
- I don't understand this fear of being typecast in gay roles.
- I think one reason why the movies Hong Kong directors make in Hong Kong are a lot better than what they turn out in Hollywood is because they don't have to typecast their actors into certain roles.
- But as the RADA-trained actress sees her reputation grow, she fears being typecast in roles as brassy northerners.
- Actors being typecast and movies becoming clichéd are not peculiar to Bollywood or Gandhinagar.
- That proved to be a wise decision - Get Smart only lasted four seasons in the United States, despite a slew of Emmys, and typecast all of the actors, including Adams.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.