In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tipo masculinetipo de imprenta masculinetipo de caracteres masculinecaracteres masculinetipo de letra masculineletra feminine
- Some years after that, I was involved in the design of a typeface for displaying text on television screens.
- The new Guardian masthead and typeface is based on Guardian Egyptian - a typeface specially designed by Barnes and Schwartz to combine historical references with European and American typographical excellence.
- It could mean better on-screen reading of newspaper Web sites, if different typefaces are designed specifically for electronic editions.
- During the next 500 years, many printers in many lands invented better presses, designed new typefaces, many of great beauty.
- They should use a typeface designed specifically for screen display like Arial, Geneva, Verdana, or Georgia.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.