In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1típicoa typical middle-class family — una típica familia de clase media
- with typical lack of tact — con su típica / característica falta de tacto
- that's just typical of her — eso es típico de ella
- he arrived late — (how) typical! — llegó tarde — ¡típico! / ¡cuándo no!
- isn't that typical: it's starting to rain! — ¡no podía fallar: está empezando a llover!
- So it is important to be attentive to typical symptoms such as sudden dizziness or headaches.
- Symptoms have ranged from conjunctivitis to typical flu-like symptoms.
- The most typical examples were the realignment of candidacy lists in Kowloon East and Kowloon West.
- Since he did not develop the typical symptoms, he thought the test might have been a false positive.
- One recent government decision is a typical example of ideological nonsense.
- In case you are not a regular browser of the business section of your local bookstore, let me describe a typical example of the genre.
- Your spurious example of a woman with friends in Switzerland is a typical example of muddying the waters.
- It is a typical example of the absurdly piecemeal nature of road planning in Britain since the dawn of the mass motoring area.
- So what we have is just a typical example of a publisher claiming credit for something he had nothing to do with.
- The diagnosis of MI was based on typical clinical symptoms, ECG changes and enzyme elevations.
- The development of industrial zones is a typical example of how the the national resources have been misused.
- Other typical symptoms include muscle pain and aching on minimal exercise, as well as mood and sleep disturbance.
- He has quality, is a typical modern player and has great technical ability.
- Unfortunately, this is hardly a typical example of the quality available in pubs.
- What is remarkable about those four, pretty typical examples is that they were all spoken in one day in late April.
- Eliecer and his family are an example of a typical Columbian coffee family.
- This is a typical example of arthritic degeneration of the lower cervical, mid thoracic and the lumbar regions of the spine.
- The symptoms of bird flu in people vary from typical flu symptoms to eye infections and pneumonia.
- The situation in Hull is a typical example of why the Government announced earlier this week a major crackdown on truancy.
- Debt experts have claimed she is a typical example of people who have been caught out by the boom in easy credit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.