In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mecanografía feminine(error) de máquina(lesson) de mecanografía(lesson) de dactilografía(paper) para escribir a máquinathey teach them typing — les enseñan mecanografía
- my typing is not very good — no escribo muy bien a máquina
- I offered to do some typing for him — me ofrecí a pasarle algunas cosas a máquina
- I've got all this typing to do — tengo que pasar todo esto a máquina
- Then after the golden moment was heard rapid typing of keys on a computer and electronic buzzes and sounds emitting from within.
- This makes filling out forms, writing e-mail and typing in Web addresses much easier.
- So for me, typing is a pleasure on this keyboard.
- Cory stopped typing and scrolled up the page to read what he had just wrote.
- Margery worked as a clerk for British Rail and was a dab hand at shorthand and typing.
- The monitor was 52 columns wide; when your typing reached the end of a line the display shifted left.
- But that, I suppose, is my fault - the result of indulging in generational typing.
- This is a computer-intensive show - plenty of typing and frowning.
- She could write 134 words a minute on a good day, as she liked to say, and she rarely made errors in her typing.
- He took a quick sip of water from a glass on his desk then resumed typing.
- The space bar on the left works well and typing is somewhere between thumb typing and proper typing.
- Regardless of whether she enjoyed the menial work of typing or selling or waitressing or clerking, she at least had freedom of movement to a degree.
- The convoy stopped, and Sergeant Jones was busy typing on his text message system, one of five communication alternatives.
- I think the sub editors would be most annoyed at his inability to properly operate a keyboard, given the quality of the typing in the email he sends to his ‘fans’.
- With increasing use of their personal computers and typing of their own reports and theses men showed symptoms as well.
- Better stop, because your home page address will be inserted in the middle of your typing.
- When I write a paper, the eye-hand skills of typing on a keyboard are largely implicit and out of awareness as I focus on the ideas I am trying to formulate.
- It's just finding the time to sit at the computer and do the actual typing.
- Thanks to everyone who contributed articles and photographs and those who helped with research and typing.
- Then he turned to the computer and took up his typing from where he left off.
- She turned off her computer with the typing of a few buttons, and then stood up and went past her, holding the door open for her.
- But she did evening classes in shorthand and typing just because she wanted to learn more skills.
- And what is this keyboard with no ink reel and paper feed for my typing?
- But for now you'll have to send your personal typing to the pool.
- With the widespread and still growing use of personal computers, typing has become an indispensable part of our ordinary lives.
- Jerzy Grotowsky is cited among her influences, and Laurie Anderson is the subject of a lengthy and insightful page of typing.
- I suggest less typing and more researching that would reveal why some more established members of this forum are not posting, having covered a volume of material already.
- The personnel officer did not give a hoot about her typing or shorthand, but liked that she spoke French and had done volunteer work for the British Red Cross.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.