In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(mezcla de yoghourt, pepino y menta que se toma como acompañamiento) tzatziki masculine
- The scientists from Glasgow University were astounded at how quickly tzatziki, souvlaki and Greek salads were replaced with burgers, fish suppers and Scotch pies.
- But don't expect traditional Greek fare like skewers of chicken souvlaki, tzatziki and rice pilaf.
- Hummus, taramasalata, tzatziki, moussaka, souvlaki - all the greatest hits are present and correct in Aberdeen's only Greek restaurant.
- There is also a Greek cuisine promotion, which features quasi-traditional Greek dishes, including the appetizer platter with pita bread, hummus, tzatziki, eggplant dressing, Greek yogurt and feta cheese.
- Calamari was deep-fried and served with tzatziki (a yogurt, garlic and cucumber sauce).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.