In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)carnet de desempleo masculinecarnet de paro masculine Spain
- All concessions apply to Senior Citizens, children under 18, students, UB40s, registered disabled, Leisure Pass and Income Support.
- The fee for a visit to the dinosaurs is Pounds sterling 2.50 full rate, and Pounds sterling 1.25 for children, students, old-age pensioners and holders of UB40s.
- though of course in my young day we all had UB40s.
- I wonder how long Labour MPs will stand by and watch their UB40s fast approaching?
- Standbys For Concessions available one hour before the performance at £9.00 for Students, Senior Citizens and UB40s, on presentation of ID.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.