In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fruto cítrico de piel rugosa, cruce de pomelo y mandarina
- With its loose, wrinkled skin, the Ugli fruit lives up to its deliberately misspelled name.
- However, the nutritional content of Ugli fruit is probably comparable to that of other citrus fruits.
- Can you guess which one is the Ugli fruit?
- Still, Ugli fruit is quite fun to say!
- Also in the grapefruit family is the Ugli fruit, also marketed as the Uniq.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.