1(disagreeing, negating)ah, no
- Before nuh-uh, there was uh-uh (also written unh-uh or unh-unh)
- I have my Richard, wouldn't trade him for a player like Ulrich, uh-uh!
- Oh no, uh-uh, there is no way I am drinking any of that!
- John smiled and began to sweat a little saying uh-uh Mary I t-think I'm in love with you.
- But, in most cases, they'll say, ‘uh-uh - uh-uh.’
- This is reminiscent of my childhood arguments with my brothers - ‘yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, uh-huh, uh-uh, yeah-ha, nuh-uh’, and on and on.
- Have you ever noticed when you start getting happy, you say, uh-uh, I'd better watch out.
- If only she knew the truth, if only she knew why he was mad… but he wasn't going to go there, uh-uh!
- Patrice enlisted one kid, a 17-year-old boy, to paint her a postcard and then, once he'd rendered a wistful-looking coconut tree on a desolate beach, she said, ‘I don't think I'm going to send it - uh-uh.
- All across the country (and cutting across all party, racial, and age lines), people have risen up to give a resounding ‘No, uh-uh, forget it, go away’ to this scheme.