In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine úlcerafeminine llagaa stomach ulcer — una úlcera de estómago
- a mouth ulcer — una llaga en la boca
- This reduces the chance of getting pressure ulcers (bed sores) and of developing a deep vein thrombosis.
- Its efficacy in superficial diabetic ulcers or ischemic diabetic ulcers has not been evaluated.
- A mouth ulcer is a painful sore in the mouth on either the cheeks or gums.
- Along with the external ulcer, the internal arterial lesion must be treated.
- They are also afflicted with painful skin ulcers and stomach problems.
- The commonest causes of vasculitic ulcers are rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus, and polyarteritis nodosa.
- They can give you stomach ulcers, make you bruise more easily, and even harm your liver and kidneys.
- These are more likely when the disease is active and include skin rashes, mouth ulcers, joint pains and anaemia.
- A common form of mouth ulcer, canker sores occur in women more often than in men.
- Painful skin ulcers with gangrenous margins may be a feature of mixed bacterial infections.
- This is an autoimmune skin disorder that begins with lesions and skin ulcers on the face.
- Like other chronic wounds, pressure ulcers fail to heal in a timely manner.
- In most cases, treating the H. pylori infection allows the ulcer, or ulcers, to heal and prevents them from recurring.
- The 13 year-old suffered from serious skin ulcers on his right knee and the wound festered upward to his thigh.
- Sometimes the stomach acid or the ulcer itself breaks a blood vessel in the lining of the stomach or duodenum.
- If the H. pylori germs are killed, your stomach ulcer or gastritis can be cured.
- Treating and preventing constipation may improve the symptoms and heal the ulcer.
- Cells like that have been used to prevent cirrhosis of the liver and to heal diabetic ulcers and for drug testing.
- If you receive the bacteria by injection, it can cause skin ulcers and regional swelling of lymph nodes.
- Gingival ulceration in herpetic stomatitis is common and is associated with mouth ulcers elsewhere and fever
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.