In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(internal) úlcera feminine(external) llaga femininea stomach ulcer — una úlcera de estómago
- a mouth ulcer — una llaga en la boca
- They are also afflicted with painful skin ulcers and stomach problems.
- Sometimes the stomach acid or the ulcer itself breaks a blood vessel in the lining of the stomach or duodenum.
- Like other chronic wounds, pressure ulcers fail to heal in a timely manner.
- The 13 year-old suffered from serious skin ulcers on his right knee and the wound festered upward to his thigh.
- Painful skin ulcers with gangrenous margins may be a feature of mixed bacterial infections.
- Cells like that have been used to prevent cirrhosis of the liver and to heal diabetic ulcers and for drug testing.
- In most cases, treating the H. pylori infection allows the ulcer, or ulcers, to heal and prevents them from recurring.
- This is an autoimmune skin disorder that begins with lesions and skin ulcers on the face.
- A mouth ulcer is a painful sore in the mouth on either the cheeks or gums.
- Gingival ulceration in herpetic stomatitis is common and is associated with mouth ulcers elsewhere and fever
- This reduces the chance of getting pressure ulcers (bed sores) and of developing a deep vein thrombosis.
- If you receive the bacteria by injection, it can cause skin ulcers and regional swelling of lymph nodes.
- Treating and preventing constipation may improve the symptoms and heal the ulcer.
- A common form of mouth ulcer, canker sores occur in women more often than in men.
- Its efficacy in superficial diabetic ulcers or ischemic diabetic ulcers has not been evaluated.
- Along with the external ulcer, the internal arterial lesion must be treated.
- These are more likely when the disease is active and include skin rashes, mouth ulcers, joint pains and anaemia.
- They can give you stomach ulcers, make you bruise more easily, and even harm your liver and kidneys.
- If the H. pylori germs are killed, your stomach ulcer or gastritis can be cured.
- The commonest causes of vasculitic ulcers are rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus, and polyarteritis nodosa.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.