In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The vesicles rupture, and a painless, ulcerated, black eschar develops.
- The nodules and the papule on the affected finger began to ulcerate and produce a purulent discharge.
- These pruritic vesicular lesions appear as ‘dew drops on a rose petal,’ which may ulcerate and develop crusting.
- Following a two - to eight-week incubation period, papules develop that may ulcerate or evolve into abscesses.
- The papule becomes pustular and ulcerates, producing an ulcer crater with colorless exudate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.