In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There are four sets of ultrasonic sensors for detecting the opponent at a distance and four contact sensors on its sides which are triggered when contact is made.
- They become aware of their environment and learn by a process of trial and error not to hit things their ultrasonic sensor tells them lie in front of them.
- The ultrasonic flow meter is particularly well suited for this purpose, as the exhaled air is not trapped or filtered.
- Once the blade struck something, it would vibrate at an ultrasonic frequency, making the gash even bigger.
- Coupled with the use of electromagnetic and ultrasonic detectors, excavations to find utilities could be faster and safer.
- Flashing lights and beeping ultrasonic sensors ensure that touchdown is accomplished without injury to vehicle or passenger.
- She successfully destroyed two dozen hostile ghosts with ultrasonic sound waves and laser grids.
- Others, like the tiger moth, hear the bat and emit a jamming signal in the ultrasonic frequency spectrum.
- Then, using an electronic compass and ultrasonic sensors, it cuts the area about 10 times, ensuring a minimum of missed patches.
- There are ultrasonic sensors used to monitor weld quality.
- A wave sensor with canted ultrasonic beams also measures wave direction.
- Prof Warwick also hopes to wire himself up to a ultrasonic sensor, to give himself a bat-like sixth sense.
- A wide range of joining technologies is used, from laser and ultrasonic welding to adhesives.
- Occupancy sensors come in two basic types: infrared and ultrasonic.
- Warwick also hopes to wire himself up to a ultrasonic sensor, used by robots to navigate around objects, to give himself a bat-like sixth sense.
- Static and dynamic obstacle detection is supplemented by an array of ultrasonic sensors.
- The team bombarded this liquid with sound waves tuned to ultrasonic frequencies that caused wide variations in pressure in the fluid.
- Researchers theorize that there could be an evolutionary explanation for the frog's ultrasonic hearing.
- Mounted on the rear number plate and automatically activated in reverse gear, two ultrasonic sensors can detect obstacles up to 100 cm behind the car.
- This is because the ultrasonic sensor was located apart from the buoy in the neighborhood of the coast that may have reduced the energy of the waves.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.