nounPlural umbilicuses, Plural umbilici
- A 22-gauge needle can be inserted in a Z-tract fashion, to minimize leakage of fluid after the paracentesis, in midline between the umbilicus and the pubis symphysis in order to avoid collateral vessels.
- He has a palpable ‘olive’ above the umbilicus near midline and he is severely dehydrated.
- The incision is made either horizontally just above the pubic bone (around the top of a bikini line) or vertically from just below the umbilicus (belly button) down to the pubic bone.
- The normal umbilicus is symmetrically indented into the abdominal wall, though it may be nearly flat in very slender people.
- Conventional colorectal surgery was performed through a vertical midline incision that extended from 5 cm to 10 cm above the umbilicus to the mons pubis.