In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1informaltropecientos informalmiles deun millón deumpteen times — miles de veces
- The game also illustrated genuine pace from Parks when making umpteen breaks, before knocking Ronan O'Gara backwards in a tackle.
- There have been umpteen reports of the meat-eating deer.
- There are umpteen restaurants mushrooming, but of what quality?
- You've filled in umpteen blanks and chosen your super favorites and guessed at the answers you didn't know.
- I am not at liberty to say what the plans are, and in any case they have to go through umpteen stages yet, but I was quite delighted by the vision being presented.
- But I do believe in life sentences with life meaning life, not just ten years inside, with umpteen reductions for good behaviour.
- The umpteen four-wheelers and six-wheelers maintained by the institutions cater to the needs of students.
- The reason is the presence of umpteen causeways and bridges.
- It was interesting to see his vulnerable side. I read his novel, The Rum Diary, which he worked on for umpteen years.
- I must have passed it umpteen times, and never noticed it!
- He's got the message that you dig him because you've told his buds umpteen times, and they've told him.
- It ought to be obvious that if Westbury is to have any traffic relief, it has to be by other than an umpteen million pound environmentally-damaging bypass.
- I couldn't hear them sing, because this was a sports bar, with umpteen televisions and customer's, all you can do is watch.
- According to the housing officer, he has laid out umpteen stalls.
- The umpteen assignments he had signed up do not annoy him.
- An umpteen number of muscular men and women would have performed such a feat.
- There was so much more that could have been done in the hour that wasn't, and so much fillery stuff in there as well, such as umpteen shots of the kids walking around the streets.
- From medicated oil massage to steam therapy, there are umpteen methods of proven treatments to cure different ailments.
- Every cliche about Inuit language - 347 words for snow, umpteen more for ice - is both true and beside the point.
- I've seen the first one umpteen times and still love it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.