1(unsuitable)(remark/comment) inapropiado(comment/remark) inconveniente(remark/comment) inoportuno(person) no apto
- I have, too, a sort of spiritual gaucherie which makes me unapt to participate in any rite.
- Anthony's point is as simple as it is rueful: laughter is recreative, but only because our fallen nature is so unapt to take solace from contemplating Heaven.
- As one of you put it to me, they are unapt for more than just that.
- The one time I used it, thankfully, was for my high school yearbook (where it made a smashingly unapt contribution to the book's Art Nouveau theme.)
2US(unlikely)to be unapt to + inf
- she's unapt to believe what she's told — es poco probable que se crea lo que le digan
- you're unapt to be hired without more experience — es difícil que te contraten si no tienes más experiencia