In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fortress) inexpugnable(arguments) irrefutable(arguments) irrebatible(reputation) incuestionable(right) inalienablehis position is unassailable — su posición es invulnerable
- Julie Walters is on unassailable form as an irascible retired actress in a bitter-sweet, very British comedy drama.
- Will we be forced to rely on carefully worded arguments filled with unassailable reasoning?
- We are on unassailable moral ground when we insist on the Kashmiri right of self-determination.
- Sim converted his own try, as well as Osborne's second, to secure what proved an unassailable lead for the home side.
- You have stepped on the toes of the Holy People, the unassailable people, the people you can't criticize or God help you!
- With a week of this year's Tour remaining, Armstrong is now in pole position and appears unassailable.
- This year, however, we need to take a fresh look at previously unassailable tactics and tools.
- Perched on a rock precipice, the site is unassailable from three sides, with a vertiginous 1000 feet drop at one end.
- By the second half, the York side dominated possession and extended a lead into an unassailable margin.
- India has an unassailable position at the head of the world's poverty league.
- This electoral demography provides an unassailable base for a dependency culture that dominates the political process.
- We are in a cheap restaurant in a middle-of-nowhere town in Nevada that just happens to have one, unassailable attraction.
- The house analogy, or some other similar paradigm, is simply unassailable fact in microcosm.
- Racial diversity has been put forward by many liberals and conservatives as an unassailable goal.
- Critical judgements that look so right, so unassailable today, may well be discarded.
- Most laddish rock bands cultivate an unassailable attitude before they've even pressed their first promo.
- The game was won in the first half which saw The Island build up what proved to be an unassailable eight points lead.
- As regards the ratio of the Shah Bano case, it was indeed unassailable.
- Dyson fired seven birdies for a six-under-par 65 that swept him into what proved an unassailable lead.
- His landslide election victories, and his personal popularity in Middle England, made him look unassailable.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.