In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(army/champion) invicto(army/champion) que nunca ha sido vencido(record) insuperado
- At Selby, Pat Napier continued her unbeaten record in the competition - she has not lost for over two years - but only just.
- In the Under 14's, they continue their unbeaten record by defeating Everygreen.
- In the Ladies Evening League division two, Bishopthorpe nearly lost their unbeaten record being held to a draw at home to Rowntree Park.
- The boys who have an unbeaten record since the beginning of the season deserve great credit for their hard work and dedication.
- The home team has been remarkably consistent in the league under Pat Holmes and their unbeaten record goes back to two seasons.
- Kill maintained their unbeaten home record with an emphatic victory over a gallant Ballyteague.
- Cobh came here with an unbeaten record and a reputation well deserved, and they looked the part as they tore into the game in the early stages.
- Kilbride came within a whisker of stripping Hollywood of their unbeaten record in Div.4 at Hollywood.
- The intermediate league winners maintained their unbeaten record and had a most convincing win over Eire Og on Sunday last.
- Lancaster maintained their grip at the top of the National Water Polo League with another three wins to keep their unbeaten record intact.
- Brodlieians continued to attack but Pocklington dug deep to hold out and preserve their unbeaten record.
- The 10-11 favourite maintained his unbeaten record over fences as he beat Scots Grey by six lengths.
- The Liverpool midfielder, on loan at Hull for the season, struck twice as Coventry lost their unbeaten record at the Ricoh Arena.
- The long unbeaten record is history now, but a great degree of praise should go to Crystal Palace on the night for their courage in extremis.
- Dave Taylor struggled in his game but eventually won on the pink and finally Brian Shipley retained his unbeaten record in bizarre fashion.
- When Kelly left the ring he put aside his celebrations to demand a re-match against Keith Knox, the man who snatched his unbeaten record.
- It's Wexford v. Kilkenny on the line and both managers are endeavouring to maintain an unbeaten record.
- St. Pat's maintained their unbeaten record despite an under par performance in Rathvilly on Saturday.
- The win, City's fourth from five home games this season, stretched the Minstermen's unbeaten home record to ten games.
- Against all the odds an unbeaten home record had been preserved, while in turn Cork City had held on to their unbeaten away record.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.