In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I am very surprised to learn of his arrest because it is unbelievable to even think of classing him with this type of activity.
- This may sound strange and unbelievable to you, but it is real and true.
- These stories are so strange, so incredible, that they are totally unbelievable.
- McNamara has made sacrifices of his own to make something that once seemed unbelievable become a reality.
- The old story, if you think an account is unbelievable, it probably is.
- I still find it unbelievable that this has to go to court although I have evidence that he is wrong and has been negligent.
- Perhaps by watching them endlessly we were forcing ourselves to believe the unbelievable.
- The first of my objections centres on my belief that most religions are just so unbelievable.
- We can choose to trust in it, even if we find some of the beliefs extrapolated from it to be unbelievable.
- I declare that all such ideas are completely unbelievable and full of rubbish.
- The conclusion seemed unbelievable, not worth contemplating, and yet Pininski was drawn.
- Call it a drama, if you insist, but there isn't enough and all of it is contrived, unbelievable and lifeless.
- It was unbelievable that the Azapo leader was being appointed and not the IFP leader.
- In the battle field of mind, to live consciously is not only improbable but also unbelievable.
- News of his passing was all the more surprising and unbelievable as he had been active up to the very last.
- I was going to say unbelievable but no it is all too believable with the whole crooked European Empire.
- The rubbish about Howard doing a good job for his Battlers is unbelievable.
- Its just that at the time it seemed so far-fetched and unbelievable.
- Co-incidences are unbelievable things that happen to Blue Witch with amazing regularity.
- It was unbelievable, four men in balaclavas stealing a rocking horse.
2informal(extraordinary)increíblewe had unbelievable luck — tuvimos una suerte increíble
- The galley itself houses an unbelievable collection of medieval art.
- The mash had just the right amount of truffle oil and a general richness to make you moan with pleasure and the gravy was unbelievable.
- The atmosphere at the Porto game earlier this season, for example, was unbelievable.
- It was just unbelievable, like a dream come true, scoring the winner at Hampden to get into the play-offs.
- In a match of unbelievable drama and excitement, Ireland defeated the world champions.
- What made the food taste fabulous was the unbelievable view from my window.
- There is flood of company rejects too in the market which are available at unbelievable prices.
- They gave us a lot of respect and their attitude was unbelievable.
- They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. believe it, it is real.
- Daddy Mack says: something like that the price is unbelievable, but it's true!
- For those frequent travellers to Changi airport, this price tag is unbelievable.
- The views from the front rooms are unbelievable, right across the lake.
- For those of you who were able to attend the final game the atmosphere was unbelievable.
- He's a self-taught stunt-rider who is just unbelievable and has incredible balance.
- It is unbelievable how hard those guys worked, and how much they accomplished.
- On the other hand, what he's already proved himself able to do with very little money is unbelievable.
- He thinks they have squandered unbelievable and unimaginable opportunities.
- The twins are unbelievable - resilient beyond belief and just inspirational.
- It'll be unbelievable to play there no matter whether it's a big crowd or not.
- Rod never ceases to amaze us all with his unbelievable voice that seems to just keep getting better as time goes on.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.