In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(sell separately)(service/product) ofrecer por separado
- OEMs aren't in a position to unbundle Windows service packs even if they wanted to.
- But it was forced to drop the WebPC price to $799 in Spring - partly by unbundling the Internet service, and last month quietly shelved the idea.
- If ever there was a good reason for Telecom NZ to unbundle its local loop service and offer it to competitors, this is it.
- Some 385 businesses now have unbundled services from Easynet.
- Initially, unbundled wholesale services will be available in Bristol, Warrington and Leeds with a further 27 exchanges being deployed between now and the beginning of next year.
2(split up)(company) escindir
- It has instituted billing by which a subscriber has the right to receive a single bill even if it uses the services provided by several unbundled telecom companies.
- It is generally the case that if the stock market identifies an easy value increasing option, such as selling out to a hostile bidder or unbundling the businesses, then under-performing managements will be punished.
- Building on the integrated e-business infrastructure, companies unbundle operations, outsource noncritical activities, and create supply chain communities.
- Large firms engage in outsourcing, subcontracting, and unbundling as a business strategy to spread their risks and in the process small firms emerge and develop.
- Speculation that Centrica was planning to unbundle its telecoms business surfaced at the weekend with reports suggesting that the company had already been contacted by potential buyers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.