In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1she was quite unchanged — no había cambiado para nada
- he found the town unchanged by the years — encontró el pueblo tal como lo había dejado años antes
- the ceremony has remained unchanged for centuries — la ceremonia se ha celebrado de la misma forma durante siglos
- the patient's condition is unchanged — el estado del paciente es estacionario
- Commendably, the friendly demeanour he displayed on that Perth range in January was unchanged.
- The rest of the committee and officers remain unchanged and they are prepared to carry on for another year, at least.
- They might have won their seats as new Labour, but their views have remained fundamentally unchanged.
- He predicted that New York would survive the attacks virtually unchanged.
- The ancient French towns such as Beynac seem unchanged by the centuries.
- Many such corporations are registered with Network Solutions, and this policy is unchanged.
- These would restrict development, ensuring the character of the areas remained unchanged.
- Just send the same unchanged letter to every company and be sure to ask us about job opportunities at some other company.
- She said that US policy on negotiating with terrorists would remain unchanged.
- Having praised the performance at Anfield, Allardyce will be tempted to name an unchanged side.
- Maintaining these blocs rigid and unchanged was the key to peace and security.
- Lying in her bedroom, Christiane looks out on a seemingly unchanged world.
- The merged body does not have new powers and leaves the existing statutory basis of regulation unchanged.
- The cattle sector seems relatively unchanged, with clean cattle still relatively easy to place.
- Many now predict the Fed will leave rates unchanged through the summer.
- But both men believe the spirit of the schools remains unchanged and have high hopes for the future.
- City's current home kit, launched at the start of this season, will remain unchanged for next season.
- Principle features such as the entrance foyer, upper lobby and auditorium would be left unchanged.
- Luxembourg's airport is unchanged since the 1970s and it's fabulous because of it.
- He then resigned two years early, leaving the Conservative election procedures unchanged.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.