In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(attitude/opponent) inflexible(attitude/opponent) intransigenteshe is an uncompromising separatist — es una separatista a ultranza
- Put the other way around, the respondent is more likely to be dogmatic, technical and uncompromising.
- It worked, on the whole, but there are still a few things which push my buttons, and uncompromising arrogant tossers are one of them.
- Acerbic and subjective he was, but also candid and uncompromising.
- Common to both was Hearts being uncompromising and unwilling simply to allow Celtic to dictate.
- Those who are argue we're using up all of Earth's goodies are just as uncompromising as those who argue we'll never run out.
- It would appear that the new order of Catholicism is as equally inflexible and uncompromising, as the old order would appear to be.
- Levein's opinions, honest and uncompromising, have been a hallmark of his reign.
- She also has the integrity to remain uncompromising in the refusal to acknowledge opinions that are not grounded in truth.
- She is a woman who is single-minded, forceful and uncompromising.
- For a party with such a pleasant public image, they have ruffled some feathers with their uncompromising constituency campaigns.
- Samples of its uncompromising micronarrative style are easy to pick.
- You will be sharp and uncompromising; your minds will have been forged into lethal weapons.
- The company believes its reputation for uncompromising quality is one of its most valuable assets.
- German Joseph Ratzinger, now Pope Benedict XVI, is known as a traditionalist with uncompromising views.
- Discerning, astute, uncompromising, his leadership inspired one to venture against all odds.
- An uncompromising champion of royal authority, he was sympathetic to victims of its abuse by corrupt courtiers.
- The Reagan doctrine was an uncompromising policy to win a global struggle between good and evil.
- In this case the voters' opinions are highly polarized, and the candidates are uncompromising.
- The words, restless and uncompromising, ask you to wake up, to change your life, to find a better way to live.
- It made him single-minded and uncompromising, and he was not known for his geniality.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.