In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1indiferentehe was unconcerned by the noise/their threats — estaba indiferente al ruido/a sus amenazas
- unconcerned about sth/sb
- they were unconcerned about the outcome — no les preocupaba el resultado
- John Howard was unconcerned by the incident, praising his security staff.
- His companions are seemingly unconcerned about his fatal injuries, being much more worried about the fate of the horse.
- Mr. Helmer appears to have been unconcerned as he talked casually with Constable Stanway.
- They are totally unconcerned with the conduct of things in this place.
- The US is equally unconcerned globally, federally, statewide and locally.
- First there was a deer, quite sketchy, but with a bright, open face, unconcerned, as though he was simply standing at rest.
- Yet the government does exactly this and the public seems pretty much unconcerned about it.
- Even when she threatened to contact the police Hoyle seemed unconcerned and continued to pull himself through the window.
- They did not worry if their victims were at home and seemed unconcerned about being disturbed.
- Putras seems unaffected and unconcerned, as if it is then of no interest to him.
- But she seems peculiarly unconcerned about the distraction a fainting father might present to the midwife.
- They appeared unconcerned about the ultimate usefulness of such a costly education in a depressed market.
- I catch a glimpse of the sleek shape of a white-tipped reef shark gliding towards us with unconcerned ease.
- Richard lies in the shape of a cross on the soil, pretending to be a dreamer unconcerned with the world.
- This sow seemed unconcerned with the onlookers, being more than content just to keep an eye on her new litter of piglets.
- Without a plan, Democrats risk looking unconcerned about future retirees.
- Kemino meant the question to sound worried, but it came out unconcerned and a bit shallow.
- Despite being warned by crew members, the Manchester man was said to have shown no remorse and seemed unconcerned by his actions.
- One could justly add that Spielberg's magic touch is tangible, even if it appears a little unconcerned.
- Astor noticed an immediate change in Philip Hallan's studied air of unconcerned interest.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.