In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- However, there was also an unconfirmed report that his wife, Susie, had been taken ill.
- He said there were unconfirmed reports of casualties in other islands.
- One unconfirmed report claimed that the building had to be evacuated after the incident.
- Now Britain is dealing with unconfirmed reports something similar was in the works for its capital.
- While still unconfirmed, some close to the action confide that they think the album and tour will happen.
- Since then there has been 111 either confirmed or still unconfirmed cases.
- An unconfirmed report said the Cosmos salon was British-owned.
- There were unconfirmed reports that police believe the suspect was one of the attackers involved in yesterday's incidents.
- The two men were released after four months but do not know whether a ransom was paid, as unconfirmed reports have suggested.
- Although the artist is unconfirmed, Johannesburg Stadium is the confirmed venue.
- Reports of police attendance and subsequent charges are unconfirmed.
- Also, an unconfirmed number of casualties in Eastern Africa have been reported.
- The actor to play the role of the Doctor is unconfirmed.
- An unconfirmed piece of news reached the villagers when we were talking to them that POTA clauses were removed on them.
- According to one unconfirmed report the fires may have been started deliberately as part of a malicious attack against a telco.
- While information is sketchy, unconfirmed reports put the number of bodies at 100.
- This last quote is instructive because of the manner with which Barton admitted that it is unconfirmed.
- There have been unconfirmed reports of small children and the elderly dying after being fumigated.
- However, one unconfirmed report suggests it could be a matter of days before the company ceases to offer any service at all.
- An unconfirmed number of homes were also left without electricity when power lines were taken out just before 7pm.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.