In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sustantivo incontable masculinesustantivo no contable masculinenombre incontable masculinenombre no contable masculine
- Advice is an uncountable noun, it's a so-called mass noun just like the word information.
- What is a countable noun in your language may be an uncountable noun in English.
- Ask students individually to tell if the picture shown is of a countable or uncountable noun.
- Mass or uncountable nouns are often abstract and cannot be counted.
- Other plural uncountable nouns include the expressions the British, the Dutch, the English, the French, the Irish, the Spanish and the Welsh.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.