1unción feminineextreme unction — extremaunción feminine
- Exorcisms were performed particularly on those items employed in unction and on holy water, as well as food and drink.
- Here I would suggest that one of the main secrets of success in the early Church lay in the fact that the early believers believed in unction from on high and not entertainment from men.
- Seven sacraments are recognized: baptism in infancy, followed by confirmation with consecrated oil, penance, the Eucharist, matrimony, ordination, and unction in times of sickness or when near death.
- The Scottish king retained the paternal image of an earlier regnal style, and was not yet set apart by crowning and unction from his subjects, who were apt, indeed, to address him in a free and familiar style.
- Following the designation process, Halpern and Long see an underlying mythos that ritual unction ought to be followed by a battle in which the designated individual demonstrates his worthiness to rule.
- On your deathbed, convert the padre who comes to give you final unction.