In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1intactoque no ha sufrido desperfectos
- Nevertheless, they recovered the stolen paintings almost undamaged and put the raider behind bars in little over a year.
- Bayeaux, as a city, remained undamaged in the war even though the Allied beach landings took place just miles from the city.
- The wing mirror on the woman's car was smashed, but Dawson's wing mirror was undamaged and he drove on.
- The items will only be required for about a week and will be returned to their owners undamaged afterwards.
- They now hope these images will help them identify the culprits who dumped the undamaged car on a York street hours later.
- Dudley had come clean as soon as he was arrested and both the vehicle and the trailer were returned to their owners undamaged.
- Why did a group of enterprising thieves steal the famous Mona Lisa and then return it undamaged a few months later?
- Check that leads, plugs and sockets are undamaged and unplug all appliances.
- Goods can be returned within 28 days with a receipt as long as they're unworn and undamaged.
- He said the Great Hall survived ‘fairly intact’, and all the rooms at the front of the castle were undamaged.
- Mr Matthews, who was staying overnight in the house as a guest, said he was not hurt and the room he was staying in was undamaged.
- He found the undamaged ticket on the ground and posted it to the National Joint Pitch Council to claim the winnings.
- I picked up one of the undamaged copies, and I felt as though I had to handle the pages gingerly.
- But Mr Kemp said although tiles were ripped from his roof, properties at either side of their house were undamaged.
- Apparently, the contents of the whisky cupboard were undamaged, to the relief of all concerned.
- Samantha went round and was delighted to find it was Danielle's chair - and was undamaged.
- Though some of the buildings looked undamaged, he said residents might think twice before returning.
- Engineers and recovery officials say that large parts of the underground storage rooms are undamaged.
- Miraculously, while there had been flood damage the building was structurally undamaged.
- Police called to say they had found her car abandoned but undamaged.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.