In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In these opening scenes only Clooney is ever captured in focus, bodies flow around him but they are fuzzy outlines, blurred and undefined.
- They can latch onto a rhetoric of ‘social justice,’ ever vague and undefined.
- After fifteen more attacks, that hope had dwindled to a vague, undefined optimism.
- At least some of the candidates were quick to recognize the potential for abstraction within these laudable yet undefined goals.
- Maybe it was easier to scare people if the object of fear remained vague and undefined.
- In other words, time is a difficult concept to define and is often left undefined.
- The plan is to pay a premium, still significantly lower than the Fairtrade price, to farmers who satisfy a set of ethical criteria, as yet undefined.
- In this latest reply, however, you seem to be shifting the definition a bit to make it more vague and undefined.
- How vague and indistinct and undefined the ideas of most men are upon the subject!
- What first seemed like a glorious but undefined adventure is starting to take practical shape - at least in our minds.
- He had the strong yet undefined torso of a teenager and the look of a sensitive artist, with pale skin and thin, red lips.
- Her eyes strained to see through the darkness, but she could only make out shadowy, undefined figures.
- Myers, who had met Jones from her waitressing days, offered her a undefined role in his business and she leapt at the chance.
- Details of the technical procedures for registration are, however, totally undefined.
- This undefined group of citizens seems to be a favorite of politicians on both ends of the political spectrum.
- Regrettably, this draft constitution, which is replete with jargon and undefined terms, fails to heed that lesson.
- The feeling was so strange; I wandered round the house with an undefined nostalgic yearning.
- They also talked about me coming to work there in a currently undefined capacity.
- It's a Humpty-Dumpty word, with many different meanings, often undefined by the user.
- However just because the rules of blogging are undefined does not mean we cannot play the same game.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.