In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(al destinatario) no entregado
- They can also check undelivered products, delivered shipments, or shipping activity in a certain date range.
- To add to the mess, opening hours of the collection office at Otley have been slashed - so anyone wanting to collect registered, undelivered mail will have to collect it before lunchtime - or wait until the next day.
- Of the 500 questionnaires originally sent, some went undelivered or were removed from study.
- The IRS says it's looking for more than 96,000 taxpayers who are owed about $80 million in undelivered refunds.
- And he said he expected there would be backlogs of undelivered post by the weekend.
- For a time he worked as the campus postmaster but spent all his time writing and drinking, leaving mail to pile up undelivered, creating a storm of student complaints.
- The Royal Mail has launched an investigation after two large bundles of undelivered letters were found dumped on a piece of Heaton waste ground.
- There is an awful lot of rubbish that gets thrown off the path like drinks bottles and crisp packets, and some undelivered newspapers.
- The state GOP had challenged 35,000 registrations because mail to those addresses came back undelivered.
- ‘I was told that there was a pile of undelivered cards which all looked as if they had too low a value stamp on them,’ she said.
- Of the 99 questionnaires mailed, 3 were returned undelivered.
- But many postmen have returned with undelivered letters because the delivery round is now bigger.
- Hundreds of undelivered letters have been found dumped in a Bradford quarry.
- Some sites provide free insurance or guarantees for items that are undelivered, inauthentic or just not what the seller claimed.
- But he said that 99.9 per cent of the time, posties with letters still undelivered at the end of their shift would still deliver them, unless there was a pressing need to get off, such as a hospital appointment or childcare arrangements.
- Even better, notes CEO Michael Epstein, there have been far fewer problems with lost or undelivered checks.
- Though Jane tells herself stories, listens to stories told by others, and reads, she never writes anything other than a few letters-misaddressed and undelivered letters, at that.
- But it is, in fact, a major reason why more than 80% of such undertakings are late, over budget, short of expectations or simply undelivered.
- The unofficial dispute has left three million homes and businesses across the country without mail and an estimated 250 million letters and parcels undelivered.
- Last year a number of cards were returned undelivered.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.