In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(paint)pintura base feminine
- Sometimes his pigment catches the canvas threads dryly, leaving the dips of the rough weave coloured only by the undercoat.
- An undercoat is preferred so there are no thin or bare spots visible.
- Upon completion, the resulting piece is sun-baked for several days prior to painting, which commences with the application of a thick white undercoat.
- The way Skinner describes his creative process, he sounds like a conscientious painter and decorator sanding a wooden surface to roughen it up a bit before applying an undercoat.
- He then turned to large-scale community murals, designing and drawing the outlines and letting local people paint the two undercoats, three coats of gloss paint and finally varnishing.
- First, they painted the stucco with a primer undercoat, then applied medium blue latex house paint.
- Use matt white emulsion paint as an undercoat for the tip.
- Before the glaze coat begins to dry, use the sponge to remove some of the glaze to expose the undercoat.
- And soft, sloughing paints are a poor undercoat for anything other than a fresh coat of the same.
- The walls were painted only in a sickly yellow undercoat, and even that was peeling.
- Using an undercoat by spattering acrylics, I finish off the surface of the sculpture with oil paints with the aid of an airbrush.
- Apply a flat oil-based enamel undercoat to the wall and allow it to dry for 24 hours.
- If I paint, is there a special undercoat and paint that I should use?
- He said the undercoat was intentionally a bright colour so that the painters could spot any areas they missed with the grey paint, which would be applied within a matter of days.
- A primer-sealer undercoat is necessary to seal drywall and unpainted plaster or wallboard compound.
- Use a special primer as an undercoat so that the paint will adhere better.
- These penetrating sealers are often used as an undercoat with surface finishes; but be sure the two finishes are compatible before you begin.
- The lift was inoperable, the walls had been left with barely an undercoat on them and there was bare screed on the floors.
- They also make paints for wood or concrete floors and masonry as well as the requisite undercoat and primer paints.
- The vat had been full of solvent-based rubberised paint used as an undercoat on vans made at the factory.
1.2(coating)primera mano de pintura feminineprimera capa de pintura feminine
2USMotor vehiclestratamiento anticorrosivo del chasis masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.