In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A heroin addict caught supplying drugs to police in an undercover investigation has been jailed for four years.
- The charges arise out of a police undercover operation in the latter part of 1998.
- How the undercover police officers managed to make their way inside was not revealed.
- Two cases emphasise the need for the use of cautions in connection with police undercover operations.
- In March 1999, police began an undercover surveillance operation on the prison officer.
- At first he suspected I was an undercover police officer and they were being set up.
- This is the haul of alcohol seized by police in an undercover operation targeting young drinkers.
- An undercover police operation has snared eight dealers who provided a class A drugs on wheels delivery service.
- Two drug dealers were jailed for a total of more than seven years after an undercover police operation led to their arrests.
- Townend said he believed they were undercover police officers.
- During the day, he was approached at different times by three undercover police officers and each time he sold four pills to each of them.
- I did not go around believing that I was an undercover policeman or an Interpol agent.
- In Ireland, the new arrivals were soon being tailed by police and undercover agents.
- The three men were caught after an undercover surveillance operation.
- During the trial, two undercover police officers gave evidence from behind a screen to protect their identities.
- She pleaded guilty to offering to supply heroin to undercover police officers.
- Metro police has 24 undercover officers who are constantly on the look out for illegal activity.
- Woodall told the jury at the trial she believed Douglas was an undercover police officer from Greater Manchester.
- His scam ran for three years, ending in September 2001, after a sting conducted by undercover police.
- An undercover police officer had recorded conversations with both men.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.