1(in game, contest)the underdog — el que tiene menos posibilidades
2(disadvantaged person)desamparado masculinedesamparada femininedesvalido masculinedesvalida feminine
- The nation loves to see an underdog fighting back.
- Americans love success stories, especially tales of underdogs who overcome all odds to achieve success by their own efforts.
- Everyone loves an underdog, and this movie has a quartet of them.
- Despite the instant attention they got in the UK, they enjoyed their underdog status in the US.
- Moore didn't allow her political underdog status to stop her from throwing her hat into the campaign ring.
- Maybe it's because he's an underdog living in an well-adjusted, mentally balanced society.
- As a champion of the underdog, what would she say about how society has dealt with the gap between the haves and the have nots of this world?