In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- With doctors and nurses too scared to report to hospitals in Swat, injured civilians are flooding under equipped hospitals outside the region.
- But Sudan has so far resisted a large UN deployment in Darfur, where an undermanned, under-equipped African Union peacekeeping force is struggling.
- During operations, the brigade Intelligence section was severely understaffed and under-equipped to handle the volume of information coming in during actual combat operations.
- Iraq's army, grossly underequipped compared with the US military, is constantly targeted by insurgents.
- His dad joined the growing anger at the Government for only sending 3,300 under-equipped troops to cover a massive area.
- A chronically harassed, understaffed, underequipped system reaches reflexively for routine diagnoses, prescriptions.
- In addition, African Union forces are grossly underequipped; the region's various militia are far better armed.
- In 3 months, the ISF transitioned from an underequipped, nascent organization to a better equipped, more disciplined force.
- Reservists who have been sent to Iraq recently have found themselves vastly under-equipped.
- Capt. Julius Boyd is a supply officer for an impatient and under-equipped army.
- Your employees in Iqaluit are hard-working but underequipped, while your customers are frustrated with delays at the mailing source.
- Under educated, under manned and woefully under equipped the local force is simply not up to the task.
- Her His reporting on the needs of the sick and the dying in the woefully under-equipped Baghdad hospitals are heartbreaking.
- But, as has chronically been the case, they are technically underequipped.
- They're either too small and under equipped or too big.
- Within ten days, the under-equipped Allied troops were pushed off the island.
- Meanwhile, the dominance of air forces in procurement battles has left Britain's land army woefully under-equipped.
- Under equipped hospitals according to U. N. officials overwhelmed with injured.
- They were many miles from the nearest, grossly under-equipped health clinic.
- Increasingly overwhelmed by their grisly discoveries, police officials said today that international help for the underequipped Ugandan police force would be welcome.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.