In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ponerle un precio demasiado bajo ait's underpriced at $10 — a 10 dólares está demasiado barato
- People have underpriced stocks because of what they see on television.
- Mortgage securities are being issued in record quantities, home prices are rising smartly, and the pricing of underlying credit risk is again being severely underpriced.
- By the late 1980s, the company had lost significant market share and had to underprice its products to keep them viable.
- Various studies have come to the conclusion that gold is severely underpriced.
- The less informed investor is just as likely to bid on a ‘properly’ priced offering as an underpriced one.
- Some say insurers had underpriced their policies to build market share and then, in 2002, raised rates in hopes of recouping their losses.
- The food was solid, if unimaginative, and was certainly not underpriced.
- Bargain-hunters use book value to measure how underpriced a stock is, relative to its assets.
- However, now more than half of the original insiders seem to think the shares are somewhat underpriced in the $85 to $95 range.
- And then he comes at me by saying, ‘Well, but there are some stocks that are underpriced.’
- The fundamental problem is that for most people (that is, other than the genuinely poor or those facing catastrophic illness), especially the well-paid, medical services are underpriced.
- His logic is simple: ‘Most consumer magazines are, in my view, way underpriced.’
- When carriers underpriced their workers' compensation product to gain market share in the late 1990s, some carriers became insolvent.
- We also increased the prices at the top level after doing some research which showed that we were underpriced in comparison with other big events.
- Many companies deliberately underpriced policies to boost market share.
- It may be that such a company has underpriced its products, leaving it insufficient margin to cover its fixed costs.
- Too many new entrepreneurs harm their own prospects by underpricing their goods and services.
- The company is also expressly forbidden by legislation from underpricing its services to gain market share.
- ‘What we've had to do up to now is overprice things at the beginning, to compensate for underpricing at the end of the season,’ he explains.
- Watercolours are not understood and are therefore incredibly underpriced.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.