In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This occasion, as in previous years, was one of happiness and support for underprivileged people in society.
- He is undertaking the walk in order to raise money for victims of the tsunami disaster and underprivileged people in the local community.
- The centre in Sussex Square provides a place for underprivileged families to socialise and get support and advice.
- Last week, our Head Boy organized a charity for the underprivileged children in Iavindat.
- The school provides free room, board, and education to underprivileged children.
- Proceeds from the show will go towards a Christmas party for the underprivileged residents of Fyzabad.
- They tend to have negative attitudes towards poor people, underprivileged groups, and minorities.
- There are underprivileged individuals and groups in the First World, as well as in the Third and New Second Worlds.
- These toys will be sent to underprivileged children in Third World countries.
- The Hales family, all of whom are involved in athletics, have set up a trust fund to help underprivileged athletes in Bolton.
- It was my childhood desire to assist underprivileged people of Third World countries in any way I could.
- A teenager who gave up a summer holiday in the French sunshine to help underprivileged children has been given a national award.
- I got so into the article that I wanted to give back to underprivileged children.
- They have introduced educational programmes for underprivileged children.
- Steve plans to fly out to Albania with the climbing gear to give underprivileged children from that country the chance to try the sport on a summer camp.
- This is an annual project in which toys games etc. are sent to underprivileged children in foreign countries.
- The local administration has waived all charges for all underprivileged patients in hospitals.
- Wagner went in a different direction, starting a foundation for underprivileged kids.
- Christmas came early this year for underprivileged children from across the district.
- Instead of gifts, the couple had asked that guests make donations to the Aconchego day care centre for underprivileged children.
1the underprivileged — los menos favorecidos
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.