In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1subsecretario masculinesubsecretaria feminine
- At present, all Cabinet Ministers have several undersecretaries who are paid money on top of their remuneration as MPs.
- Congratulations on being designated the next undersecretary of state for public diplomacy.
- The undersecretary brightened and even smiled.
- But she's concerned about a lack of funding for the undersecretary's office.
- He's the undersecretary for border and transportation security.
- At 36, he served as assistant secretary of the Treasury and eventually became the first undersecretary of enforcement.
- Cabinet secretaries are undoubtedly senior, and some reporters extend the title to their deputies and undersecretaries.
- She was an undersecretary in the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- There is one female ambassador and two female undersecretaries; however, no female judges or prosecutors
- The difference between congressional testimony from an undersecretary of defense and a major speech by the president of the United States is incalculable.
- The undersecretaries operate in individual portfolios - they're not just undersecretaries for the prime minister in general.
- The centerpiece of the Pentagon's campaign was the recent creation of a new undersecretary of defense for intelligence.
- After other parents had made similar allegations, the local member of parliament persuaded the undersecretary of state for health in the House of Lords that a government inquiry was required.
- This guy works in the Pentagon as a deputy undersecretary of defense for intelligence.
- Babe, why are you wasting your time with an assistant to a deputy secretary, when you could be with me, a deputy assistant undersecretary?
- He is the deputy assistant secretary - undersecretary for intelligence.
- His reward was a post as undersecretary in the Foreign Ministry.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.