In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1subsecretario masculinesubsecretaria feminine
- Babe, why are you wasting your time with an assistant to a deputy secretary, when you could be with me, a deputy assistant undersecretary?
- Congratulations on being designated the next undersecretary of state for public diplomacy.
- This guy works in the Pentagon as a deputy undersecretary of defense for intelligence.
- The undersecretary brightened and even smiled.
- The undersecretaries operate in individual portfolios - they're not just undersecretaries for the prime minister in general.
- The centerpiece of the Pentagon's campaign was the recent creation of a new undersecretary of defense for intelligence.
- His reward was a post as undersecretary in the Foreign Ministry.
- The difference between congressional testimony from an undersecretary of defense and a major speech by the president of the United States is incalculable.
- He is the deputy assistant secretary - undersecretary for intelligence.
- She was an undersecretary in the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- There is one female ambassador and two female undersecretaries; however, no female judges or prosecutors
- After other parents had made similar allegations, the local member of parliament persuaded the undersecretary of state for health in the House of Lords that a government inquiry was required.
- But she's concerned about a lack of funding for the undersecretary's office.
- He's the undersecretary for border and transportation security.
- At 36, he served as assistant secretary of the Treasury and eventually became the first undersecretary of enforcement.
- At present, all Cabinet Ministers have several undersecretaries who are paid money on top of their remuneration as MPs.
- Cabinet secretaries are undoubtedly senior, and some reporters extend the title to their deputies and undersecretaries.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.