In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person/baby) de peso más bajo que el normalshe's 10kg underweight — pesa 10kg menos de lo que debería
- an underweight bag of apples — una bolsa de manzanas que pesa menos de lo debido
- Shouldn't a GP investigate why a child is underweight, and share his or her concern with the parents?
- Although being slightly underweight, outwardly Stacey appears to be just like any other 11-year-old.
- A while back my sister made an effort to gain weight; her body mass index indicated that she was underweight.
- People who are under-nourished will not be eating enough and be underweight because their diet will not be providing them with enough energy.
- A national poll of more than 2000 men asked whether they considered themselves underweight, normal weight, overweight or obese.
- Perhaps your exercise regime is too demanding, since your body mass index (height to weight ratio) suggests you're not underweight.
- I assume your daughter is underweight, not just thin.
- A BMI under 18.5 indicates that you're underweight.
- I know I shouldn't complain because I can eat what I want and not gain weight, but it's not good being underweight.
- On examination, she was underweight (weight 2nd percentile, height 10th percentile).
- She was still rather underweight at 100 pounds, okay, very underweight, but she ate healthily, exercised a normal amount and gained a ton of self-confidence.
- I was a geeky, scrawny, underweight kid who liked strange music and didn't fit in at all.
- Many entertainment celebrities are underweight, some anorexically so.
- Since then she had been in a re-hab centre and was now considered only slightly underweight.
- ‘We will also start a child-weighing exercise because lots of under-five children are underweight,’ said Pastor Bill.
- Higher levels of protein and calories may be needed in underweight horses, but should not be fed to normal or overweight horses.
- Whether you are underweight, normally weighted or overweight, your eating solution can become a problem.
- Because he's been chronically underweight since before hitting puberty, his body is used to having to survive on unnaturally low weights, but there's a limit to how much it can take.
- She has an intense need for control and is scared of gaining weight even when extremely underweight.
- In addition, research shows that teenage girls, particularly those who are underweight or dieting to lose weight, are not getting enough calcium.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.